petak, 17. kolovoza 2007.

85

I have many mentors. In fact, I have a “dream team” of support. I need it and I am not ashamed to admit that.

My life is wonderful! In fact I just said to my coach today, I am a bit out of balance right this moment. Actually those are not the words I used, (I will tell you that he roared out loud and thought my choice of words was funny!) and yet I am very happy!

And…I am…

And…My life, like most of yours is very, very busy.

I need a team of experts to support me along the way. That does not take away from the busyness that I choose to live with, however it does lighten the load and help me stay focused and directed.

Years ago a very wise mentor said to me, “Laura, if you want to be successful in business, you have to stay focused.” He went on to say to me, “that being busy is not being focused, in fact, all action with no outcome is the same as no action at all.”

I know exactly what he meant when he said that to me. And that is why I have my “dream team” of support to keep me focused. Being in action has never been an issue for me, however, staying focused has been.

It is powerful to be in a place when you can recognize your weaknesses and work with them by building a support team around you.

What is a “dream team” anyway?

The beauty about this concept is that it is not one size fits all. You get to choose your team of support.

This morning on the Today Show one of the regulars was talking about how we unconsciously “crave” community and connection with others. And for many of us, we are so inundated by work and family that we forget how important that need is…and we need a team of support there to remind us of what we really value and what matters most to us. Some examples of a “dream team” are a coach, a therapist, a friend, a co-worker. Or someone from your church/temple, reading group, a group of friends that share your favorite hobby .

There is no one combination of support that is right for everyone. Quite the contrary. The beauty is that you get to create it however you need it.

One of the things I say to my clients when I begin working with them is that “I am one of many” means of support for you. I suggest that they have support between our calls to keep them on track.

I strongly believe that people would be happier if they accepted support and stopped resisting it. As a life coach I help people, determine their values, and get clear about their vision, mission, purpose and goals. Then together we determine specific action steps to help them achieve those goals. Often times that action does not happen unless other support is brought in. It is through the community of support that you can achieve balance in your life while still accomplishing your business and personal goals.

What is out of balance in your life? What goals are out there that you really want to achieve? What group or allies, your “dream team” can you reach out to today? You know who they are. The challenge from me right now is for you to pick up the phone by the end of the day and call someone to support you on your quest.

This person or group is waiting to support you. And if they cannot, try someone else until you get a yes! You do not have to take anything on alone. A life raft is just a phone call away. Email me your progress at Laura@LauraFenamore.com

Laura Fenamore, CPCC, is a gifted Body Esteem and Life Coach. Laura's company "Journey To Balance" is devoted to helping others find balance in their lives as well as celebrating their bodies and their health. Her vision is living in a world where health and body image are celebrated. Please visit, http://www.LauraFenamore.com to receive a free gift today.

Nema komentara: